Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

External HDD with Xbox 360

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 steveh8204

steveh8204

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:38 AM

I have recently bought a Seagate 500GB external drive but when I connect it to my Xbox 360 it won't recognise it.

After googling it I believe it's something to do with the NTFS file system. I can only reformat it on my PC to exFAT which still doesn't work with my 360.

I am using an ACER laptop (64bit) with Windows 7 to format the drive.

I only want the external to store files.

I also downloaded a program called Partition Wizard Home Edition to help but this was next to useless and everything I needed was ghosted out. It also didn't recognise the file system when I reformatted it to exFAT.

What is the best way to get the drive to work on both PC and Xbox while preferably with partitions.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users