Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware defense..

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jayrab

jayrab

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:33 AM

So recently I had gotten the malware defense crap.
Had manually removed everything from regedit.
Ran malwarebytes' Anti-malware to remove anything else (however did not find any Malware Defense - prolly cause i removed most of them)

However, I keep trying to run and install AVG Antivirus.
It always gets so close but it comes up with the prompt screen to uninstall any existing antivirus or other conflicting programs.
Malware Defense keeps showing up. I go to Add/Remove Programs. Its not there. I went back to regedit, didnt find any of its companions.

I run malwarebytez a few times now.. 3 times today...
Everytime it finds some of the same infections.

Please help me get this removed and allow me to install AVG so I can fully sweep the computer!
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,249 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 04:15 AM

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.

==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.

Please describe the issues you are experiencing with your computer.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users