Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Watching movies from PC on TV

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kiddo7

Kiddo7

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 18 August 2005 - 01:29 PM

I have tons of movies in my PC and I think it is a great idea to watch them on TV by using a cable to connect the PC - TV instead of burning all the movies into disc.

Im using Windows XP. Is it possible to do it?

And wut kind of cable do I need?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jpc43

jpc43

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2005 - 01:39 PM

This is very possible

first you need to check your video card to see whether it has a tv out jack (s video) on the back of it...if you can't tell let us know what kind of video card you have

if you have that then you can do it

you need to find out whether your tv accepts s video,or if it accepts rca..if it accepts svideo you might just want an extension cord
if it only accepts rca you will need an svideo to rca adaptor (20 dollars canadian~)
and then an extension

at most this would cost 40 dollars..but it is well worth it
AMD athlon 64 3000+,Nvidia Geforce 6200,2x120G HDD,WIN media center '05

#3 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2005 - 03:32 PM

If you are going to do video capture and dvd burning, you need a fairly fast computer with lots of ram at least 512 meg.

You will need the appropriate hardware, a video capture card. This is separate from the video card, and normally doesn't come on a computer unless it is a media center type. Plug the vcr into the video capture card.

You can get a nice pci or usb2 capture device for under $100 new or less on e-bay. If you don't have an open pci slot or don't want to open your computer, I would recommend a usb2 device.

Then a good dvd burning software, I use Nero, but there are others, with rebates sometimes you can buy for around $50.

Video eats hard drive space, so if you are going to do a lot, a 250-300 gig hard drive is nice, but if you record a couple of hours and then burn to dvd, you can do with a lot less.

With this setup you also have a dvr, you can plug the cable into the computer and have lots of fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users