Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

paper curling during printing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chus

chus

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 12:19 AM

I use an HP LaserJet 4. During printing, the bottom inch or so of the pages frequently curls or "washboards." A technician once told me to get a new toner cartridge -- and that did fix the problem -- but surely there's a cheaper, easier way. Anyone have any solutions? (The paper is standard 20-lb. paper.) Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 txtchr

txtchr

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:04 AM

I'm surprised the new toner cartridge worked.

This is a relatively old printer. Although it's a sturdy build, parts do wear out after frequent use. There are rollers that feed the paper into and out of the printer, and most likely the rollers have worn down and may need to be replaced. When these rollers (usually made out of a rubber substance) crack or deteriorate, they can't grip the paper adequately, causing the accordion jamming or appearance when the paper exits.

There are replacement kits for these rollers. If you have the instruction manual for the printer, take a look and see what parts you need and how to replace it. Or, you can ask your tech about it.

#3 antikson

antikson

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:04 AM

I agreee with you mate it's better to replace it .

#4 chus

chus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2010 - 03:38 PM

Thanks, txtchr -- and antikson. I'll try it. Happy New Year!

#5 txtchr

txtchr

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 02 January 2010 - 05:48 PM

Good luck. Let us know how your printer problems and resolutions work out. Others may be having the same issues and will benefit from your experiences.

Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users