Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need help on ram

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 studd

studd

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:23 PM

for some reason my computer keeps crashing when i have more than one stick of ram in but when i use each stick indevidually my systems stable i dont know whats wrong im using windows 7 with intel motherboard and a celeron d for more specs just ask i really need to get this problem solved

ps.each stick is 1gb and my computer takes up 2 4gb it didnt do it before i was using the same ram sticks too it just all the sudden started when i went from vista to windows xp and then when i went back to the same vista it started so i installed windows 7 hopin to fix it and it didnt plz someone help me lol

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 01:51 AM

Not to pick nits, but please be clear when posting your problems. Proper grammar and punctuation goes a long ways towards clarifying your issues, which makes it easier for us to help you.

Do you have the manual for your motherboard? It will tell you the proper slots in which to place your memory. For instance, in my system, the memory is not placed side by side; there is an empty memory slot that goes in between. Are you placing the memory in the proper slots?

#3 linbybag

linbybag

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 12:19 PM

Hail Groovicus!!! :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users