Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Cannot Display Webpage" messages

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 redhill700

redhill700

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:35 PM

I am running Internet Explorer 8 and have Windows XP. I use Firefox version 3.5.6 which I mainly use more than Internet Explorer. While I'm browsing, I am often getting messages from Firefox "Server not Found ......Try Again" and in IE it says "Cannot display webpage"

I often have to click "try again" a few times which sometimes takes me to the page and sometimes not.
Can someone help me out with this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 01:43 AM

How are you connected to the net? broadband? dialup? tin cans and string? hehe If broadband who is your ISP? If DSL, what is the make and model of the modem? Do you have a router? If yes on the router what is the make and model?

Broandband tin cans and string = coffee cans and 3/4 double braided rope? hehe

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 redhill700

redhill700
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:04 AM

I am connected through a LAN network. My ISP is Telus and my modem and router is also Telus. The model is 2700HG-E Gateway.

#4 redhill700

redhill700
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2010 - 01:51 PM

I'm still having the same problem, any more suggestions or help please?

#5 chriso89

chriso89

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:55 PM

Hi

I think that you have to roll back to IE 6 or 7, Xp does not have te release or compatibility of vista or windows 7, also you may check if you have all the dlls already added, also you can run ms office tools-diagnostics since i believe you got some features of ms office 2007 right?

#6 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:10 AM

Ok so you have a 2Wire modem/router.

When the error happens, click Start -> click run -> type cmd and hit Enter -> in the box type ping google.com and hit Enter. I am interested in the line that starts "Packets: Sent = 4, etc..." Please post that line

If that errors, type ping 74.125.67.104 and hit Enter. Same line. Please post it.

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#7 redhill700

redhill700
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:41 PM

When the error happens, click Start -> click run -> type cmd and hit Enter -> in the box type ping google.com and hit Enter. I am interested in the line that starts "Packets: Sent = 4, etc..." Please post that line

Packets: Sent=4, Received=4, Lost=0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum=36ms, Maximum=37ms, Average=36ms

Hope that helps.

#8 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:59 PM

And you did this when the error happened?

Because you can ping means you still have internet connection but something is stopping the web page. Is it any web page? or a specific page?

when it happens, can you hit the home button, see if your home page will open?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users