Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Majorly slow websites, redirects and pop-ups

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 twins1729

twins1729

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:21 PM

I'm going to be as descriptive as possible, because I've tried to do some suggestions on other similar threads, but nothing seems to be working.

I had a virus a bit ago, and it's pretty much cleared out. It hijacked my desktop, but that was my major problem. Oh, and I couldn't open some basic applications, i.e. Notepad. Took me about a day to clear it out, but I'm a veteran at it so it wasn't that hard.

EVERYTHING is fine, except my Internet is SO. FREAKING. SLOW. When I get to a website that loads fast, it loads fast, so my Internet is working fine, in general.

Some websites won't load at all. My main example is Wetpaint Wikis (whom I've contacted about the possibility of virus threats in the ads.) I have (yes, I RUN, not visit) several website through that server, so it's pretty sad not to be able to visit them. YouTube's slow when it comes to watching videos. When they actually load, they load fast and I can watch them no problem. If they don't load, they just sit there without even buffering.

I can barely sign into sites. It just sits there on the blank, white screen like it'll load any minute. And links do the same thing. I have to click several times or open in a new tab before it'll work.

ETA: Forgot to say I get redirects on Google, but Google's slow for me, so I don't use it much now. And I get random pop ups. (Obviously a virus, cause it's always the same thing.)

Now to my scanners.

I have McAfee, Lavasoft Adware, MalwareBytes (Bolding cause I don't want to be told for the umpteenth time to run it. NOTHING comes up. I love it and I run it A LOT.), I also have avast! and CCleaner.

I've also downloaded Desktop Hijack Fix (when my desktop was hijacked with a white background), Autoruns (got rid of some start up programs that wouldn't remove), and also the ATF cleaner.

I had a lot of Rundll files in my System32 folder and I swear I had cleared something out once and my Internet was working fine for all of a few hours.

Other files seem to show up in my System Volume Information folder.

I hope that's enough. PLEASE HELP!! *begs*

(PS- Sorry about my double post. I blame my current problem.)

Edited by twins1729, 28 December 2009 - 06:45 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 twins1729

twins1729
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:15 AM

Hate to bump this (didn't see it was against the rules, so I hope it's okay.)

But it was all the way on page 4...

#3 twins1729

twins1729
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2009 - 03:51 PM

Another bump.

*hands out a plate of cookies*

Anyone?