Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer is infected with Malware Defense

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 winter_trees

winter_trees

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:20 PM

I was googling for a good site to watch movies online and then I suddenly got these 'system alerts' (later I found out it was from Malware Defense and not from my computer). Then Malware Defense started downloading itself onto my desktop and all that jazz. I tried running Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Spyware Doctor (it works but it doesn't remove the virus/trojan/whatever Malware Defense is). I've tried even tried using tdsskiller first before running malwarebytes but both programs do not run. they download -- but they don't run. I've tried running these programs using safe mode and the regular boot up but Malware Defense seems to block the programs no matter what...

I've also tried re-naming Malwarebytes but to no avail!

Please help me!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:37 PM

Hello try this first then quickly run MBAM(Malwarebytes) from normal mode.

RKill....

Please download Rkill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
  • Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
  • If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.
  • A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
  • If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
  • If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
  • If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
You will need to run the application again if rebooting the computer occurs along the way.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 winter_trees

winter_trees
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:10 PM

thanks for replying :flowers:

yesterday, while in safemode, i managed to download rkill and run malwarebytes which deleted a bunch of damaged registry keys. after that, i re-booted my computer and all signs of the virus seemed to be gone...

however, today when i logged on, a blue screen popped up (it said something about the computer having to shut down to prevent damages or something) and then my computer shut down. ever since, every time i try to turn on my computer a black screen pops up. the computer turns on but the screen is black. at first i thought it was because i had a cd in my cd-drive (which i took out) -- i kind of took it out sloppily but the screen remains black when i turn the computer on... what's going on?? is it the malware defense? i know it's still there since my computer continues to flip out on me.

also, the previous 2 times when i turned on my computer, right before logging in, it asked me to debug something (i didnt catch the name) and asked me to send an error report after logging on because of 'previous damages' (i think) to microsoft which i did. <---- these reports didnt start showing up until after malware defense.

how do i solve this black screen problem?? :thumbsup:

Edited by winter_trees, 29 December 2009 - 07:11 PM.

#4 winter_trees

winter_trees
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:34 PM

nevermind. the black screen is fixed. i think malware defense has disabled my internet but i will try to get rkill onto a usb drive and transferred into the infected computer. i'll post on what what happens.

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:14 PM

See if this fixes your Net issues .

Go to Start ... Run and type in cmd
A dos Window will appear.
Type in the dos window: netsh winsock reset
Click on the enter key.

Reboot your system to complete the process.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users