Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Red Alert 3 on Windows 7 - No cursor

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 computerhead

computerhead

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:40 PM

I just got an HP Pavillion dv8 running Windows 7 and purchased RA3 at the same time. Everything loaded up just fine, and the initial movie sequence ran just fine, but after that, it came up to the initial screens to start playing or change your options, etc and my cursor doesn't show up. If I use the touch-pad and just sort of randomly move my finger around, I can get the selections to highlight eventually and even go to the next screen, but I can't see the cursor on the screen.

I downloaded all the patches and still no cursor.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerhead

computerhead
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:23 PM

Got it figured out finally! The game doesn't like for mouse trailers to be turned on; it makes them vanish instead.

Can happen on PCs and MACs both. Here's a link to turn them off if you need it (forgot to check which operating system it was, but they're all sort of the same steps on PC)

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/e...vcg**&p_li=

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users