Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Beta Thoughts

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Cass

Cass

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 18 August 2005 - 11:34 AM

So far I a quiet happy with this beta O/S. I did have a few minor installation problems but other than that most of the programs I want to use work after a bit of tweeking. The only important piece of software I am having problems with is my external creative live soundcard which dosent seem to wanna install/update the drivers, the only other issue is it does tend to take a while for the system to close down, besides that Iam fairly content considering its a beta. On my second attempt to install the system I made two partitions, one side for the o/s and my programs which was about 15gig and the other side just for music at about 25gig and I find it runs a lot better this way and dosen,t stick and give all the problems when running on a biggish hard drive without the partition (pardon me if it I am not completely correct as I am a novice).

I have no intention of going back to XP or any other windows o/s as this feels & looks quiet right for me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 g52ultra

g52ultra

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 26 August 2005 - 12:32 AM

This seems to be the general problem. My Audigy 2Zs did load fine, but I know older Live! and Audigys have this problem.. even with XPSP2. Creative is horrible on support.

My biggest problem was an antivirus and DVD burner capability. Mcafee Enterprise 8.0i and Nero 6 Ultra fixed that- the same stuff that I learned works on my Windows 2003 server workstation.
Anybody know where John Titors's '66 Vette is (or was, or will be)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users