Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Numerous Display problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 EvilComputer2

EvilComputer2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 28 December 2009 - 03:49 PM

Hi everyone, this is my first time asking for help here so please excuse any initial lack of info. I running Windows 7 on my HP G60 Laptop, Pentium® Dual-Core T4300, 4G ram...

I'm having a few problems with my screen not displaying. I have a SNES emulator that when opened doesn't display any window but says the window is open at the bottom of the screen. It used to work properly when I first got it then after a week it would only work when the window was in full screen mode but now when in full screen the image appears very dark and switches back to a proper brightness when I switch to the desktop or any other window.

Another problem that appears here and there is when I wake the computer up from sleep mode the screen doesn't turn on. It displays nothing but by putting it back to sleep and waking it again it works. Today when booting up it display a very weird moving gray screen and then went to the log in screen.

I've scanned my computer with spybot and avast and have all the windows and display drivers up to date. I'm getting very fed up with this computer giving me grief but I don't even know if it's the computer, Windows or something else causing all the problems. I've also tried that compatibility wizard to run the program like XP but that had no effect. It feels like the whole computer is slowly dying and I haven't even had it for half a year.

What can do here?

Thank you all in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aus Smithy

Aus Smithy

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 01 January 2010 - 10:36 PM

I'd remove the SNES emulator and see if that improves things.
While you said your drivers are up to date are you sure they are all the latest for Windows 7 from the suppliers of your Display card, NIC and SNES Emulator?

#3 EvilComputer2

EvilComputer2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:50 PM

Sorry for not replying earlier, I had though I wasn't going to get any response at all. All the drivers are the latest available, I'm not sure about windows 7 compatibility. The glitchy screen problems have been happening pretty much since I got the computer. I'm kind of impatient so when I could find any quick help I went and found a different emulator that is working for me and since the computer has never totally froze up or had any sever trouble I'm just living with the occasional extra step to correct my comps unusual screen quirks.

Many thanks to you Aus Smithy for being the only one to attempt help me out. :thumbsup:

#4 Aus Smithy

Aus Smithy

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:57 PM

That's good.
Just make sure the drivers you refer to are from the suppliers of the device e.g. NVIDIA for a Display driver and not the Windows version.

#5 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:17 PM

Sorry for the late reply, some of the volunteers are back at classes now. If the computer has been acting up since you got it why didn't you have it checked at the store? Or is this a gently used laptop.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users