Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop cd drive gone wild

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 raad2

raad2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:58 PM

my cd drive keeps popping open.
wont stay in on my laptop
I think some program is telling it to open constantly

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GamerX

GamerX

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:17 PM

my cd drive keeps popping open.
wont stay in on my laptop
I think some program is telling it to open constantly

It might be a hardware problem, the RELEASE mechanism could be stuck to open!!! You could try to see if you can fix by finding a pin hole on the drive, usually by the button to open the drive. Placing a needle or pin in the needle opening and pushing firmly to see if you can't get the drive to become unstuck!! Don't press to hard or you might break the drive. This is where I'd first check, if you that don't work check your Task manager and see what programs are working!!

Fate: protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise. -Commander Riker ST:NG , “Contagion”

My forum Tech-linkforum
My blog Tech-linkblog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users