Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stop F: 0x00000024

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 freak123

freak123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:49 PM

Hi,

I am getting the following blue screen error on my 1400 DELL VOSTO WITH XP HOME laptop

*** STOP: 0*00000024 (0*001902FE, 0*BACF33DC, 0*BACF30D8 0*8A5AE805)

It is preventing me from booting up in safe mode. It is also preventing me from running CHKDSK / I have tried the BIOS done the all the options with F2,F8 and F12, also run the diognositics which came up clean. Windows will just not load, everytime it brings me back to the blue screen.

the system ggot shut down as the charging was over and when i tried to restart the blue screen came and i cant get in in safe mode either i tried to use recovery console but it says the set up cant continue as it cant see any hard drives installed..

Now i am stuck and I need some help to fix this as I have my job stuff in it.

Thanks in advance. Please let know if you need more details.

freak

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:34 PM

See 24, left column, http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.htm.

My experence with this type of error typically results in a clean install because of damage to the NTFS file system.

I would remove the hard drive, attach it as a secondary drive on another system...and then attempt to run the chkdsk /r command on your drive. If the file system is damaged, then the chkdsk /r probably won't be able to complete and will produce an error message indicating why it cannot do so.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users