Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

have a virus.....need help

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bash119

bash119

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:23 PM

A few days ago a friend of mine was erasing some of her old yahoo mail and managed to acquire a virus. I had a program unexpectedly pop-up and try to run a scan on my computer which I stopped right away. I got this Shield Icon and a big Red X Icon in the task bar. Then my desktop went green and a big black box in the center telling me my system was infected, and then loads of pop-ups telling me I have a virus (Worm.Win32Netsky.net). I had McAfee installed so I tried to run a scan but it got stuck so I uninstalled it and downloaded and installed Norton360. After a few reboots, ran a scan, Norton detected and removed a Trojan, not sure if it was the same virus. I was then prompted to reboot, which I did, now Iím unable to log in to windows. Every time I try to log on, it goes to the login screen. When I click login, it flashes the background for a split second, then says logging off and takes me back to the login screen and access through any modes (safe, network, command prompt, last good configuration) did not work as well.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users