Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ALL My Internet Browsers Keep Halting

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 jmrdflcarpenter

jmrdflcarpenter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:13 PM

Ok, here's my problem:

Since before Thanksgiving, I have been having the same problem, I go online visit a few sites and than it just stops. I cant go to a differant, go back a page or anything. It stays on the same page. Sometimes I can reload the page and it doesnt load the page correctly than I click on a link and it says Page Can Not Be Displayed or sometimes I get Invalid Address and in fact I know it is valid. Most of the time I have to exit out of the browser and reload and a lot of times, it take 5 or 6 reloads before it lets me go to a page.

I have done Spybot, Malware Bytes, CCleaner, HiJack This, Eusing Registry Cleaner, BleachBit, System Mechanic, SuperAntiSpyware, AVG 9, A-Squared, and I've done the basic Defrag and scandisk.

Here is my previous topic, so you know what she had me Previous Topic . She had me do a ComboFix and log, HiJack This and log.

Nothing had fixed it and the last thign I was to do was a connectivity test for my internet, but it states that I am not connecting to the internet, but yet I am online and doing things. It's just the issue with the browers is what I have.

Any kind of help would be appreciative, because so far nobody has been able to fix my issue.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:30 PM

I read your previous topic, and it's likely an issue with a network adapter (wireless card, router, modem, wiring, etc...). The possibilities are great.

Start at the source and work your way back to your computer. Contact your ISP and ask for a technician to come out and inspect the wiring that comes into your house. If the problem is outside your house, they will fix it for free. If the problem is the wiring inside your house, they will charge you (usually). If that checks out okay, check your modem (the tech might be able to check it for you). If it's fine, check the adapter you're using (ethernet cable, wireless card, etc..). If you're using wi-fi, try an ethernet cable. If the ethernet cable works, then it's probably a problem with your router or wireless card. If you can't find a physical, hardware issue, it's likely a software based problem (could be the OS, the browser, a driver problem, or something unknown that will only be resolved with a reinstall).

These are the steps I would take for troubleshooting something like this. Start at the source and work your way back. It could be something as simple as a loose screw at the outside box (simple, but possible!!), or as complicated as a difficult driver/OS issue.
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 jmrdflcarpenter

jmrdflcarpenter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:11 PM

I cant ask for a technician, I have wi-fi (wireless) through my apartment complex. I told them about it and they said nobody else has been complaining, so they say it's an issue with my computer or adapter.

In my device drivers s ection it says my ethernet controller isnt working properly, my computer uninstalled the drivers and I dont have a disk for them. So I dont know how to the install the drivers. I know of a couple websites for drivers, that's about it.

#4 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:38 PM

Okay, check out the drivers first and try to get them reinstalled. Then report back. :thumbsup:

#5 jmrdflcarpenter

jmrdflcarpenter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:07 PM

The Internet Adapter Drivers or the ethernet controller drivers??

#6 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:30 PM

To make sure you get the right drivers, not just randomly downloaded from any site. <CAN BE DANGEROUS

What is the make and model of your PC and what operating system are you running?

You also mentioned using another software to manage your wireless connection. What software?

Edited by ThunderZ, 28 December 2009 - 02:40 PM.

#7 jmrdflcarpenter

jmrdflcarpenter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:19 PM

For my Internet, I use the software that came with the driver disk and I also use Easy WiFi Radar if the other one doesnt work.

I have Windows XP Pro SP3 and my computer is an HP Compaq and when I go to syste minfo it says that my computer model is HP d5300 CMT(DC577AV).

#8 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2009 - 04:30 PM

Is this your machine?

If it is then what is the make and model shown in device manager? According to the drivers listed under Driver - Network there are several wireless adapters that may have come with that PC.

First, I think you may have a wrong driver or possibly no driver installed. If so then the connection managing software may be incorrect as well. I use the native Windows program to manage my wireless connections and it works quit well.

Edited by ThunderZ, 29 December 2009 - 04:33 PM.

#9 jmrdflcarpenter

jmrdflcarpenter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:38 PM

Yeah, that's it. I bought my wireless adapter. It is a linksys Wireless G with Speedbooster and I dont use the Windows program because it doesnt detect any wireless connection, but all other peices of software do (Other people's computers around here, the windows doesnt detect it either, I think it might be the wireless around here). The driver that I put in my computer is the one that came with my wireless adapter when I bought it brand new. Now the device manager states it doesnt have any drivers is the ethernet controller, but like I said before, I dont know what name or anything it is. It doesnt say in device manager it just gives a question mark

My device manage doesnt tell the make and model of my machine, it's in system information. Device manager just says under Computer ACPI Uniprocessor PC. What I gave you before is what was in System information.

Edited by jmrdflcarpenter, 29 December 2009 - 05:47 PM.

#10 jmrdflcarpenter

jmrdflcarpenter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:22 PM

The drivers for my Ethernet Controller are NetExtreme Broadcom Gigabyte, so I downloaded the drives and now it shows it as installed. So that issue is corrected, but I am still having the same issue. I am connected to the internet through my LinkSys Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter with SpeedBooster. Do you think that if I uninstall it and reinstall it, it may work??

Edited by jmrdflcarpenter, 30 December 2009 - 04:23 PM.

#11 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:29 PM

Doesn't hurt to try. Sometimes reinstallation can fix problems like this.

#12 jmrdflcarpenter

jmrdflcarpenter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:53 PM

Ok I downloaded the drivers for my ethernet controller and I uninstalled the USB Adapter drivers and reinstalled them and am still having the same problems.

#13 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:13 PM

Ahh...technology. :thumbsup:

Now, take a hammer and smash it to bits. :flowers:

Okay, no, don't really do that. Just kidding. But I know it can be frustrating sometimes when you can't get something to work the way it should.

Okay guys...a little help here! I don't know what else to do. I'm sure somebody else does! Any other suggestions before he lights it on fire? (don't do that either, kidding again).

#14 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:16 PM

Reinstalling the OS would likely fix it, but unless you have install disks and an external hdd to backup on, that is not an option (you should back up your files anyway!).

Reinstalling is the quick and easy way to fix issues like these instead of fighting with them. But it isn't always the best option.

#15 jmrdflcarpenter

jmrdflcarpenter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:33 AM

I was afraid of that. I was also thinking it might be my internet adapter, but I tried that on a friends computer and it worked. So it's not that. Yeah, I guess that would be the only way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users