Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

N00b here, but Oldie

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dnice808

Dnice808

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 18 August 2005 - 06:40 AM

Welcome all! I come to you guys new to the board but old on the computer scene. Thats right, like a lot of you, I have been bleeping at the computer since the early eighties. God bless those of you whom have earlier experiences!!

Born an raised in NYC, it all began for me with Pong... No, not the Atari 2400 cartridge, but its own console, needing to hook up in the back of the tv with flathead screwdriver and switch to channel 3 or 4...

Up to today, having gone through several computers, I am a professional in both supporting and fixing them and bleeping the hell out of them when for who knows why, they just don't want to cooperate.

So here I am, my first post here. I look forward to building part of this community hopefully in a positive direction as to prevent some of you going that extra step - and needing to head to Best Buy or pricewatch.com to update your broken hardware!

Happy Bleeping!

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 18 August 2005 - 09:23 AM

...is there such a thing as an "experienced n00b"....? PARADOX!!! :thumbsup:

Well, it's always good to have another user with the knowledge to help those like me... Welcome to BC!!

...and does 808 on you name have anything to do with the annoying 404..?

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 18 August 2005 - 11:04 AM

:thumbsup: to BC! Dnice808.
:flowers: I believe in Expereinced n00bs. I was one at one time. :trumpet:

Good Luck,
yanowhiz

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 18 August 2005 - 05:35 PM

Welcome to this great user group!
Some of us remember the Pong machine, and Vic20s, and all the various toys between then and now. Hope to see you becomming a regular poster!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users