Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Have another hard drive with a problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 timkin

timkin

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:10 AM

Another hard drive I have that won't boot says it needs A dll called "hal.dll". How can I install this dll if it won't boot up?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:37 AM

:flowers:

I found this? It costs $4.

I certainly would have a good look at it. I must say that I do not know the Program, but often download free BootDisks from there with no Problems ever.

The biggest problem with Boot Disks is that they work in DOS and usually don't recognise NTFS. This one seems to do that and could be your Answer to all your Problems?

http://www.bootdisk.com/ntfs.htm

:thumbsup:

#3 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:35 AM

This requires an XP installation disk:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproble...storehaldll.htm

Pay close attention about the drive path command (your CD drive may not be d...It may be something else e, f, g, etc...)...You should be able to replace hal.dll from the CD providing that is the only issue...
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users