Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random programs keeping closing automatically

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 heartnet

heartnet

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 18 August 2005 - 03:40 AM

sorry i know i posted this before, but this time it seems another prob popped up, i couldnt get to startup the installation package for WinXP SP1 and SP2, nor can my HJT startup properly. Both of them just popped up for a few seconds when i clicked on them and then disappeared...

then some kind soul told me to download CWS.exe, gave me the link, i dled it ran it but there wasnt any coolwebsearch on my pc at all...can any1 advice me wad to do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 18 August 2005 - 04:48 AM

Try running the following from safe mode (Getting to safe-mode) Sysclean you'll also need the virus template file from here lpt***.zip

or

DrWeb CureIT

Also try installing and running A2 Free and Ewido

I'd also run Spybot and Adaware

If your using Win2K/XP run adaware/spybot from "safe mode with command prompt"

At the C:\ prompt type the following:-

cd\
C:\progra~1\spybot~1\spybotsd.exe /autocheck /autofix
cd\
C:\progra~1\lavasoft\ad-awa~1\ad-aware.exe

You really need to get SP2 installed, you don't need to install SP1 to install SP2, just bypass SP1 and get SP2 on your system.

Edited by stidyup, 18 August 2005 - 04:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users