Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AVG has missing components and cannot run spybot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ewilder

ewilder

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:14 PM

Two days ago I kept getting security notices. They were for a malware defense. I ran superantispyware and avg computer scanner. In the morning all of my components for avg were gone. The wording was no active components. I saved and tehn istalled spybot but it will not run what do I do to make sure that I am protected and not infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,993 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:19 PM

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.

==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 ewilder

ewilder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:21 PM

Do I need to post the logs

#4 maalim

maalim

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 27 December 2009 - 10:54 PM

Two days ago I kept getting security notices. They were for a malware defense. I ran superantispyware and avg computer scanner. In the morning all of my components for avg were gone. The wording was no active components. I saved and tehn istalled spybot but it will not run what do I do to make sure that I am protected and not infected.

To Remove malware defense in you Computer First Use Manual steps to turn off on System Restore
Steps to turn off System Restore

1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
2. In the System Properties dialog box, click the System Restore tab.
3. Click to select the Turn off System Restore check box. Or, click to select the Turn off System Restore on all drives check box.
4. Click OK.
5. When you receive the following message, click Yes to confirm that you want to turn off System Restore.

Then After Restart you Computer Safe Mode with Networking How To Restart? To get into the Windows Safe Mode with Networking computer is booting press and hold your "F8 Key" which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to Safe Mode with Networking and press your Enter key. Then Download Update and Scan Use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Press This Link http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-...cdlPid=10997763

Download and Scan by Use Super Anti-spyware Press here http://www.superantispyware.com/

Download and Scan by Use Norman Malware Cleaner Press here http://majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=5...0e991265b3250e7

After Finish Remove malware defense Restart You Computer To Be Normal Then After Turn On System Restore.Steps to turn on System Restore

1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
2. In the System Properties dialog box, click the System Restore tab.
3. Click to clear the Turn off System Restore check box. Or, click the Turn off System Restore on all drives check box.
4. Click OK.

After a few moments, the System Properties dialog box closes.
Restart you Computer to be Normal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users