Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CCleaner

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 hunnybunny

hunnybunny

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:50 PM

I used CCleaner years ago and found that it removed my personal password info, so I stopped using it (I'm clearly a novice.)

I know that registry cleaners are taboo so would like to understand the best way to use CC w/o deleting the cookies I need.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 27 December 2009 - 06:59 PM

It now gives you very good control there area ton of options to check or uncheck give the options a good run through before running it!

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 27 December 2009 - 07:10 PM

The only thing I use CCleaner for is to automatically clean cookies, junk files and recycle bin each time I boot up. You can check out the tutorial on their website to learn how to do this.

#4 hunnybunny

hunnybunny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2009 - 07:27 PM

It now gives you very good control there area ton of options to check or uncheck give the options a good run through before running it!

Phil

Thx Phil, will check out the recent version for the options.

Cheers!

#5 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:38 AM

hi,,, the one to uncheck to save your passwords is "auto complete form history" then click on applications tab and uncheck "saved form information" ,, hope this helps,,, by the way , if you use firefox you can use a program called Mozbackup which will backup the browsers settings and also its saved passwords (a god send)
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#6 hunnybunny

hunnybunny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:46 PM

hi,,, the one to uncheck to save your passwords is "auto complete form history" then click on applications tab and uncheck "saved form information" ,, hope this helps,,, by the way , if you use firefox you can use a program called Mozbackup which will backup the browsers settings and also its saved passwords (a god send)
good luck.

Thank you for helping me cut to the case!

As for managing cookies, I use WOT in firefox for that :-)

Thanks again

#7 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:08 PM

Help me here folks; why would one want to save cookies.

#8 hunnybunny

hunnybunny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:09 PM

good luck.

I installed the newest version of cc, and "unchecked the auto complete form history" but all of my auto-complete info was missing after running the cleaner :thumbsup:

#9 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:20 AM

did you click on the applications tab in cleaner then uncheck the "saved form information",,, it could also be your browser that could be set to purge all browsing history when closing like mine is,,,,,,,, and as for saving cookies and why !!! i dont know,, but each to there own Bear :thumbsup:
Figgis,,,, LUFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users