Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

secruty center alert bad:(

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 skitterman

skitterman

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:40 PM

hello i hope you can help my brother somehow got a security center alert in his laptop now it wint let you do anything even run disks when it is boot up normal and in safe mode the pc wont run disks or access the web so i dont even know if you can help with this problem i am on my pc now to see if there is somethine that can be done thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:31 PM

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.

==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 skitterman

skitterman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:32 AM

thanks for adressing the issue however i already know that his computer is infected i just want to know if you can help me to make it do something so that it can be fixxed and or reformatted if not just say so thank you

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:47 PM

Please look thru post 14 here by quietman
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...ml#entry1511741
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 skitterman

skitterman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2009 - 01:31 PM

i have read the artical and to me it sounds like i need to reforamt the computer which is fine how as i stated in my orginal question the computer will not read or run any disks i have already try to use the restore disk that came with the computer so i will ask again how do i get the computer to read and run the disk so i can reformat it and make it run correctly
thank you for your time

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2009 - 03:18 PM

Yuo must first see if the PC is set to boot from the CD player in the BIOS.

•Changing Your Computers Boot Order

•How to Change the Boot Order in BIOS
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 skitterman

skitterman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:29 PM

thank you for your time and help the isue has been resloved and we have reformated the computer with the rescue disks the last question i have is will that really take care of all the problems or is it possible that there will still be problems with the computer

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:36 PM

Not an unwise decision to make. In some instances an infection may have caused so much damage to your system that it cannot be completely cleaned or repaired. Wiping your drive, reformatting, and performing a clean install of the OS or doing a factory restore removes everything and is the safest action. So you will be good now.

Reformatting a hard disk deletes all data. If you decide to reformat, you can back up all your important documents, data files and photos. The safest practice is not to backup any autorun.ini or .exe files because they may be infected. Some types of malware may disguise itself by adding and hiding its extension to the existing extension of files so be sure you take a close look at the full name. After reformatting, as a precaution, make sure you scan these files with your anti-virus prior to copying them back to your hard drive.

If you used a Flash drive to copy any files.
Download and Run FlashDisinfector

Please download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
  • The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
  • Hold down the Shift key when inserting the drive until Windows detects it to keep autorun.inf from executing if it is present.
  • Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
  • Reboot your computer when done.
Note: As part of its routine, Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive that was plugged in when you ran it. Do not delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection by keeping the autorun file from being installed on the root drive and running other malicious files.

Please take a moment to read quietman7's excellent prevention tips in post 3 here
Click >>>> Tips to protect yourself against malware and reduce the potential for re-infection:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users