Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ocritch

ocritch

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:11 PM

I need help. I was listening to itunes on my ACER laptop using XP Professional,
and the laptop shut down. Now when I try to start, it beeps loudly 4 times and turns off, without ever exhibiting any screen or graphics.

Any key combination I can press during startup or something?

CJ :thumbsup:

cjcritch@gmail.com

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 unrepper

unrepper

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:26 PM

when you boot your laptop access setup by pressing whatever button it asks for (F2, ESC, etc) this will access the bios and the vendor of the bios. We need to know who the vendor is to get the beep code. 4 beeps is normally a Memory issue. But lets get the vendor info first.
Posted Image

#3 ocritch

ocritch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:33 PM

oh man this is embarrassing. my daughter just walked in and said the beeps on that computer mean it's out of power.
turns out the plug i had the computer attached to is a dud. so the battery must have run out in the middle of the song i was listening to.

please don't laugh....or at least laugh after i log off.

thanks

CJ :thumbsup: :flowers:

#4 unrepper

unrepper

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:40 PM

:thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: :inlove: :cool: :)

Don't worry I won't tell a soul :P
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users