Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

d-link help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 theman04

theman04

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:03 PM

i need help with my wireless router i just cant get it started i have dsl and a d-link DI-514 i do everything in the manual but it just wont connect. i have windows xp professional. i dont know what to do if anyone can please help illl apreciated. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 18 August 2005 - 05:10 AM

do you have a PPPOE account? or it it DHCP? OR is it static from your isp? a "dsl" subscription could be one of these. but, first piece of advise i could give you would be, (providing you have entered in the correct information) is to cycle the power on the 1.router, 2. dsl modem. unpolug their power line, wait 2 minutes, then plug the modem back in, it will re-sync, then the router, this will give both of them a fair chance of setting up.
let me know
Google...Google.....browse..read

#3 theman04

theman04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2005 - 06:20 PM

yeah i got a PPPOE account i tried what u said but it doesnt seem to connect to the internet from my comp. see i have it wired to my house comp and trying to use the internet but it wont go. i have a sony vaio its a new one. please help.

#4 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2005 - 06:42 PM

did your router get an ip? if not call isp and reset your password, make sure you have the correct cable going to your router from your modem, straight through.

#5 theman04

theman04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2005 - 01:34 AM

whats an isp or what u said could u explain?

Edited by theman04, 19 August 2005 - 01:35 AM.

#6 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2005 - 10:09 AM

PPPOE accounts are easy to set up, you must go into the router and configure it however. just follow the "easy setup wizard" it will guide you through. providing you have inputted the information correctly, it should connect to the ISP (Internet Service Provider) and give your router an IP address. all this stuff happens behins the scenes, now all you have to do is open up Internet Explorer.
PS, you should not try to use a high speed connection that may have been set up before you got tghe router. you should simply turn on computer, dbl click IE and surf.
let me know, you may have to call your ISP to verify your username and password.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users