Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New PC with win 7, monitor yellow/green background

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 greystoke

greystoke

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:41 AM

I have a new HP p6280t PC with win 7. The monitor Acer X223W had a brilliant gorgeous picture day one with jewel like colors. Background was pure white on Firefox, IE 8 and desktop. Then microsoft download updates and after shutting down and restarting, the screen was yellow/green tinted. I have used the monitors menu controls to try and correct color/contrast/brightness etc. I used windows color control for 'degaussing', etc. Nothing helps. My hobby is photography and now my pictures are displayed with off-colors.

I tried restoring back to day one, using restore points. This failed every time with an error 0x80070005.
The restore menu also told me I would lose many programs I had installed. I'd hate to have to start all over I've been setting up the new PC for 4 days.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:52 AM

When you turn on the computer. Is the bios screen yellow ?

#3 greystoke

greystoke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2009 - 10:48 AM

BIOS screen? I'm a novice, what does this mean?
When first turned on the screen is windows 7 green with various screens before my desktop. Desktop and now this firefox screen is green.

#4 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:18 PM

When you start the computer do you see a logo with HP and it says some thing like press F2 to get in bios/cmos ?
Am talking about the stuff you see before Windows starts to load(just when you start the computer , first thing that comes up).

E.g. http://www.fitzenreiter.de/ata/asus-a7n8x-...bios-post13.png (It may look very different then this)

Edited by starcraftmaster, 27 December 2009 - 09:19 PM.

#5 greystoke

greystoke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:28 PM

yes I do.

#6 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:35 PM

Then you either have a monitor problem or a graphics card problem.

Do you have any other computer you can try the monitor on ? Or take it to a friends place and try it there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users