Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

combofix

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 goopsnana

goopsnana

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:25 AM

OMG!!! My computer was so messed up and I could not afford a new one or to have a technician fix it! I searched on line for a way to fix it myself and came across BleepingComputer.com and decided to give it a try. I figured it could not possibly make it any worse than what it already was. I had read some reviews on it and was impressed, so I jumped in and downloaded it. AND IT WORKED!!! My computer was infected with TrojanSPM/LX and it totally took over my computer but Combofix got rid of it and is now running great!!! Thank you Bleepingcomputer!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 December 2009 - 10:23 AM

Hello goopsnana,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer, it's good to see you here, glad you were able to resolve your issue.

If your unsure how this board works, please have a look in the New User Orientation forum.

There is also some most useful information in the Tutorials.

#3 gallowal

gallowal

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2009 - 02:34 PM

Hi All.
Just want to say a big hello and happy Christmas and peaceful New Year to all at BleepingComputer.com. I also want to pass on thanks and best regards to the creators / maintainers of Combofix - what an excellent tool you have created! It restored my faith in folks after others tried as much as they possibly could to to wreck my and many peoples PC environments through worms / trojans / adware and the like.
Well done, thanks again and Good Luck - you certainly helped me and many others :thumbsup:
I would like to help in whatever small way I can
Gallowal

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,758 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:38 PM

While we appreciate the kind words regarding ComboFix, and the acknowledgement that it worked for you. We do need to caution you in it's unsupervised use. Please see the following: ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users