Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need to Build a PC to run my Home Music Studio!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xGADG3Tx

xGADG3Tx

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:00 AM

Im ok when it comes to basic hook ups n devices n driver installs , so what i am looking for from this forum is to become more knowledgable on computer terminology and more familiar with the components i need to build myself the proper computer for my studio.I currently run my studio with a Gateway GT5404 and would like to build a custom PC with a lil more kick n some more bells and whistles that target more directly to what i need to run a legit home music studio ive been currently looking on newegg.com for parts to complete this project but dont know exactly what to look for..like what motherboard will fit in what computer case and what processor goes with what motherboard ...but you basically get the picture so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated...THANX xGADG3Tx....!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:08 PM

Lets start with the case
I assume any noise will be a problem, so a quiet case and components are a must
I would suggest a mid or full ATX form factor case
You might even consider sound-proofing the case
http://www.acousticpc.com/quiet_computer_c...insulation.html
I would get a case w/o a power supply and buy a better PS
I'm partial to Lian Li cases. Other members have their favorites as well

You are going to have to decide on what CPU you are going to use before choosing which motherboard to go with

Edited by garmanma, 27 December 2009 - 12:09 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 rayj0054

rayj0054

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 27 December 2009 - 08:17 PM

when you say music studio do you mean recording or editing

#4 audioAl

audioAl

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:41 AM

Lets start with the case
I assume any noise will be a problem, so a quiet case and components are a must
I would suggest a mid or full ATX form factor case
You might even consider sound-proofing the case
http://www.acousticpc.com/quiet_computer_c...insulation.html
I would get a case w/o a power supply and buy a better PS
I'm partial to Lian Li cases. Other members have their favorites as well

You are going to have to decide on what CPU you are going to use before choosing which motherboard to go with

Happy New Decade Garmanma! Nice link to sound proof Co. I build HTPC's and this material really helps. He has not mentioned Adobe Audition or any other audio programs? Maybe a Dac to connect a sound card to? Alan
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users