Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

http://newserversearch.com/

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jhp5

jhp5

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 27 December 2009 - 06:12 AM

Okay this is still going on, this is the first time I have posted about this, maybe the Xmas season has slowed down finding a fix for this malware. I have followed a lot of advice here and on other forums but the bug is still affecting my system. I can search okay on Google but when I click on a link I am redirected to http://newserversearch.com/. There is also a bar at the top of the page asking if I want to "Share my location" I did click on yes on it once as it was a Google thing but it did not help so now I click no. I can paste the address of some links into my address bar and get to them but it is a pain especially as some links do not list the entire address. Any help appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhp5

jhp5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 27 December 2009 - 06:31 AM

Also when I use ComboFix it says that AVG 9.0 is running and I may damage my system if I scan. I have tried to remove AVG and actually got rid of it after much trying but ComboFix says it is still runnung. Prior to removing AVG I tried to reinstall it so I could turn it off while running ComboFix but it would not install, said there was one error. Then when I did a search for AVG when I thought I had removed it the Windows search function would find it and then keep repeating the AVG items it found 2, 3 4 times until eternity I guess except I stopped it from searching.

#3 jaredg

jaredg

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 27 December 2009 - 02:34 PM

Hi Guys,

I just spen 3 days straight trying to remove this re-direct trojan from my IBM X41 laptop. I tried everything from, Ad-aware, Malware, combo fix, avg, google pc tools, yahoo ca, trojan remover and spybot.

All my scan came up with nothing?? I then booted into safe mode and ran everything again as a last resort.
By the way I'm running XP pro sp3.

Still nothing came up until I used the last program which was spybot Spybot found this file to be infected with the virtomunde(not too sure if this is spelled right) in this directory,
C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\Krrmx.job

After the scan, I did not hit the fix button yet. I first went to this directory and deleted the file, then I deleted it from the recycle bin, then I hit "fix problem".

I rebooted and now IE and firefox work just fine

I tried re-booting again to make sure and everything is cool now.
I hate these re-directs and I hope this post helps someone.
Jared

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users