Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 and Gogle

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Americal

Americal

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:21 AM

When I click on Google I get a msg asking me to input a random code which states "I'm Human" what the heck is going on. I am using Windows 7, 64 bit, Home Premuum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:49 AM

Do you have anti virus and anti spyware ?
I would scan every thing.

Are you sure its google ? May sound like a dumb question but some inexperienced people may make mistakes.

#3 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:56 AM

Where did you click? Please explain everything. Did you click on Google logo ? Are you trying to register a Google account? Are you trying to sign on to a Google account?

This can be a normal Google captcha check (it is good) or this can be phishing (it is bad). So please give details.

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 27 December 2009 - 10:28 AM

Google has built in protections to prevent abuse of their systems. For instance, can you imagine what would happen if a bunch of machines made a bunch of repeated requests? It would effectively shut down Google. Apparently either you or someone that previously had the IP (assuming you have a dynamic IP) was somehow trying to abuse their system. I can't ever recall an instance where malware was responsible for this particular problem. Do you know how to refresh your IP address?

#5 Americal

Americal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:48 PM

I used Google to try and do a search as I always do. When I click on Google logo, instead of the box where you can enter your question, I get a page that states " Sorry your PC is sending random inquires." Also there is a box that allows me to input a code which sates "I'm Human" After which it takes me to a page that pertains to my question.
I don't know how to refresh my IP address? I am using seamonkey 1.1.18, this does not happen when I use Internet Explorer.
I have Kaspersky Anti-Virus 9.0, along with spybot and Malwarebytes, none are showing any type of Virus

#6 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:59 PM

If it is not doing it in IE and it is doing it in SeaMonkey, then the issue is with SeaMonkey. Have you recently installed any plug-ins?

The easiest way to get assigned a new IP address is to simply unplug your modem for a few minutes. It can also be done from the command line.

#7 Americal

Americal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2009 - 01:05 PM

I have not added any new plug ins, that I know of, if I did it was not from anything I wanted to do. As far as using the "command line, that will work with Windows 7?

#8 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2009 - 01:13 PM

Yes. You will have to open the Command Window as an admin though.

#9 Americal

Americal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2009 - 01:38 PM

Looks like that worked, I thank you sir!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users