Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Blaster Audigy SE Audio Control Panel

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Andrei Robert

Andrei Robert

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 26 December 2009 - 04:34 PM

Hello. I just bought the Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE sound card. When I started using my headset(Plantronics GameCom 367 Closed-Ear Gaming Headset), I started to configure it on the audio control panel the settings. I choose headphones and then, I realized it kept changing the settings to the last known configuration except headphones. If you don't understand what I am talking about, let's put it simpler. The default speaker settings are 7.1 surround. That's default. So, when I connected the headset and selected headphones on the audio control panel and after I restarted the system, I went there and suddenly, the settings were set back to 7.1 surround. This only happens when I set headphones, not 2/2.1 Speakers, not 4/4.1 Speakers configuration setting and so on. I also have 2.1 speakers. So, the fact is no matter what I choose(2/2.1 Speakers, 4/4.1 Speakers 5.1 Speakers or 7.1 Speakers) when I select headphones it reverts back to the last used Speakers setting after I restart my computer. I hope you understood what I said here and that's all I can say. Please, tell me what can I do to fix this. Thank you in advance and MERRY CHRISTMAS P. S. Sorry for my bad english.

Edited by garmanma, 29 December 2009 - 01:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrei Robert

Andrei Robert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:41 AM

Hello everyone! Please, can you answer my questions, I really need to know what can I do, so please, again, try to help me anyway you can. I apologize if you didn't understand any of those questions, but please, answer one of those question, I don't bother if you answer just one. But please, at least one. It's better than nothing! Again, I am sorry for my bad english.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:55 AM

I'm moving this to a forum where I believe you will get some responses
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 Andrei Robert

Andrei Robert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2009 - 04:21 PM

Hello, garmanma, can you please tell me how to get to that site so I can find my topic there. Please, because I don't know. I am sorry. I've tried to find it, but no luck. Thank you very much:) Good night, is night in Romania right now!

#5 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:50 PM

Well, is there any option in the Audio Control Panel to SAVE the current "audio output" selection, in this case the headphones?

Also, have you tried updating the drivers?

Creative Audigy SE - Drivers & Apps

(Make sure you uninstall the older version first)

Edited by ReviverSoft, 29 December 2009 - 06:53 PM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#6 Andrei Robert

Andrei Robert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:34 AM

Hello. No, there is no option to save the current audio output, because it saves it as you change it. That is not what is happening because if it didn't saved it, it wouldn't change to any option. Default is 7.1(I already told you). The fact is that it changes on the headphones configuration tab. I mean that if I choose 2.1, 4.1 5.1 it saves it but it doesn't save headphones. And yes, I updated the drivers earlier on. I thought that would fix it, but not. I don't know. Maybe creative detects as a speaker what I connected and that's why it keeps changing it. I don't know, that could not be true. The drivers are from the creative support website. I downloaded and installed the latest ones(but only the drivers) and with that it asked me about Creative Software Auto Update and installed that too. And with that being installed it also installed all the software it had. Creative MediaSource, Creative Alchemy and so on. And then I went to device manager to check for update for my sound drivers. I choose search automatically online and it had found new drivers and when it was on the process to install it ran the Creative Software auto update and I followed the instructions to update and there was it. But I don't think it uninstalled anything. It just updated the drivers, the software etc. That's all. If you can provide with anything information I would be greatly appreciating. Thank you very much and have a good time:).

#7 Andrei Robert

Andrei Robert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:06 AM

I am sorry for my bad english and terrible mistakes.

#8 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• BC Advisor
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:29 AM

Can you tell us if you have the Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy SE ( older model ) or the Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 SE please.

This may help pinpoint where to look.

You may want to look at these articles from Creative in the mean time.

Microphone and Headsets: Connectivity and Configuration

Multiple Audio Output from Headphone and Speaker (Different Audio)

Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#9 Andrei Robert

Andrei Robert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:55 PM

Hello again. Okay, let me make myself perfectly clear. I have the Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE the old version not the 2 series 4 platinum or anything else. Just the Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE that ships as bulk and retail. You can find it here "http://en.europe.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=873&product=14257&listby=" without the quotes. I am sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I remember I said "Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE" not 2 SE or anything else. Thank you again and have a good time and HAPPY NEW YEAR.

#10 Andrei Robert

Andrei Robert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:00 PM

P. S. Thank you for the links.

#11 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:05 PM

So where you able to sort it out?
Else you'll just have to live with it. :thumbsup:
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#12 Andrei Robert

Andrei Robert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:24 PM

Hello again. No, I didn't figured out. I tried to uninstall all and install again, but still it doesn't work. It keeps changing from Headphones to 2/2.1 Speakers when I restart my computer. Every time my computer starts I have to open the audio control panel and select "Headphones". So annoying, because I can't use 2/2.1 Speakers configuration because I use a headset and that's different. That's why it has "Headphones'. To use this configuration setting. Anyway, I hope you can help me with anything. Please, anything you can try to help me, but just help me no matter how. Thank you again and wish a happy holidays too.

#13 Andrei Robert

Andrei Robert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:08 AM

Hello, I know it's been a long time since I posted anything but I would like you to mark this solved, because, I am using Daniel Kawakami's drivers, so no more changes. I choose Headphones and it stays that way whatever I do. Of course, it is a problem related to the official Creative Drivers.
I have read somewhere that this is happening also to the high-end, more expensive models of sound blaster drivers, so it is not something related to old sound blaster chips because Creative discontinued these models and, therefore stopped releasing updates for them, no, it is also to the more high-end products. So, shame on you, Creative for not helping your customers.
Sooner or later, Creative is going to lose it's customers, but anyway, I don't wanna talk about this. Thank you for your time and have a happy and healthy life to anyone!

Best regards,
Robert Andrei Botezat

Edited by Andrei Robert, 20 November 2012 - 06:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users