Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I know I am infected....but know little else.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Bballer02

Bballer02

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 26 December 2009 - 01:05 PM

I am new to the forums. One of my friends said you guys could help. I am running windows XP and I recently found out that I was infected with some sort of virus/ adware. Recently One of my other computers went down with a trojan. that lead me to check out my other computers. Malwarebytes was recommended to me by one of my friends and I used that twice successfully. I believe it found a few things but not much. A day later I tried to use it a day later and found the shortcut to Malwarebytes did not work. ( it could not find the .exe file) I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it and still came up with the same problem. I do not have antivirus software on the computer. When I go online on that computer different pop ups come up every 15 min or so and sometimes when I click a link to go to a website, it takes me to an ad instead. I use Firefox to browse the internet, but have noticed in processes in task manager that two different internet explorer exe's were running at the same time even though there was not a IE window open. I bought kaspersky to put on my computers but I didn't know if I should install it for fear of corrupting it like apparently happened to malwarebytes. Thank you for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users