Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problem with headsets

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rkoelsch

rkoelsch

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 26 December 2009 - 01:01 PM

I am not sure of the durability of headsets. I have gone through quite a few. The mikes are the things that go out on them. I do not buy the highest quality but seems like they are very fragile. Is this common though?

Edited by rkoelsch, 26 December 2009 - 01:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 26 December 2009 - 07:24 PM

Depends on what your doing with them. If your using them in the correct manor and taking care not to damage the cords by over extending them they should last a while. I know of some X-box 360 users that have had headsets last for years. Same with PC players using team speak. Logitech, Sennheiser, Creative Labs are some of the better manufactures. There are Some wireless blue tooth Dolbly Digital headsets that cost several hundred dollars.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 nkfro

nkfro

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 27 December 2009 - 01:25 AM

The conductors in most head sets are comparable in size and strength as the conductors in the base cord that runs from the phone jack up to the telephone minus the reinforcement provided by the heavy vinyl casing. There's a reason it is nicknamed 'tinsel wire'. The strands are easilly damaged by repeated use. It's amazing that they last as long as they do!

You didn't mention if your headset has a microphone cut-off switch.

#4 rkoelsch

rkoelsch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 27 December 2009 - 06:46 AM

I try to take care of it but the cord always gets tangled. I usually get logitech and almost without fail I lose the mike first. mine always have the cutoff switch and I do check it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users