Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Let's introduce !

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jack-Henry

Jack-Henry

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 26 December 2009 - 10:34 AM

"Why not make your first post today by saying hello and introducing yourself to our community in the Introductions forum. "

Why not ? Because I fear nobody cares what I do or where I come from... :thumbsup:

Why doing it ? More to make some kind of synthesis for myself...

Well, I say "Hello to all", and I add "I am really glad I found this website !"

I just had some nasty problems with Trojans, and my AntiVirus Bullguard, sent me here to download "ComboFix.exe".

Just call me Jack-Henry, I am 56, live in Antwerpen, Flanders (Belgium), and have a lot of spare time.
In another life I studied Photography and Graphic Arts, was a teacher for 5 years, and ran a printing company for another 25 years.

My first computer - a Tandy TRS-80 - was a gift from my spouse, for Xmas 1981 (yes!). As there was as good as no software, we had to program it ourselves. For 5 or 6 years there was no "Windows" at all, only words on a screen. Then came the time where I only started Windows (3.2) every time I wanted to use CorelDraw 1.2 because that was the only way Corel worked.

I saw the "Mac" coming to life (1987 ?), tested it, found it ridiculous to use, and found it a closed system which you could not open to change the soundcard or add some memory, and never wanted one.

I followed the (re-)evolution from text-oriented computing up to Vista, a world of difference, made of thousand little steps.

I am sorry for the people (adults) who have their first computer now, lacking those thousand little steps: it must be tremendously difficult to use a PC, even for the simpliest tasks. For a year or two I was a teacher for digital photography; it took hours to teach newbies to link their camera to a PC and to copy pictures from that camera to an editing program.

In my living room I have 3 computers in a home-network and I study "how to make music on a computer". Nineteen years ago I already linked a Yamaha synthesizer to my PC and made some music, but the PC was too slow to use more than Midi: audio was not possible.
About a year ago I started all over, linking again my synth to the PC, this time via USB, and now it worked a lot better ! The possibilities are unbelievable; e.g. I have a program that gives me the chords out of any MP3 or WAV-song, quite impossible till now...

A few days ago the problems with viruses began; I am happy I can have help from the Internet-community: together we do know a lot more !

Sie Joe,

Jack-Henry

Edited by Jack-Henry, 26 December 2009 - 10:45 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 26 December 2009 - 01:15 PM

Hello Jack-Henry,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer, it's good to see you here.

If your unsure how this board works, please have a look in the New User Orientation forum.

There is also some most useful information in the Tutorials.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users