Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is 60 Degree's Hot For A CPU?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Exhile

Exhile

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 17 August 2005 - 03:11 PM

Hi, As you may of seen in my other topic, ive been having some problems with my computar and i checked my CPU Temp and its at 60 degrees. Is that hot?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2005 - 03:25 PM

Most likely.
However, you need to check with the manufacturer to determine if it is in the permisable range of temperatures for your particular processor chip. Most manufacturers have this information on-line.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2005 - 03:54 PM

60 degrees C is 140 degrees F and for most CPUs not above operating temperature, but I would do as jgweed suggests and look up the recommended maximum temperature on the manufacturer's web page.

#4 Exhile

Exhile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2005 - 05:33 PM

I am not sure weather maybe this has something to do with my computar freezing and my other problems. Could they be linked if it is too hot?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users