Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirecting, Freezing, Unable to run Adaware of Spybot

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 netsafe07b

netsafe07b

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 26 December 2009 - 01:39 AM

I start up my pc the other day and it keeps restarting at the windows loading screen, cannot get to desktop. I followed these steps below and it fixed my problem:

your boot.ini file is messed up. Here is my remedy

You can boot to the XP cd and when you see the "Welcome to setup" message, press the letter R.
You will then get a DOS prompt.
Then type: chkdsk /p [enter]
When that is done type: fixboot [enter]
Type: Y at the next prompt [enter]
Then type: exit [enter]

So, that worked. I was able to get to desktop and work at my computer with no problems for about a day and then the take-over commenced.

1.All of my internet travel is being redirected elsewhere to places such as :
Securitymonitor-2010.cn
webcrawler.com
smarttechnik.com

2.Everything seems much slower

3.Adaware, Spybot, and anything else I run for more than a few minutes will freeze.

I ran an HJT log, but will post upon request. I am working from a laptop right now as my desktop remains pretty much un-usable.

I am trying to get this working again asap, I was suppose to burn a slide-show dvd for my parents but I cannot, and now Christmas is over and the gift is late.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 netsafe07b

netsafe07b
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 26 December 2009 - 03:46 PM

anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users