Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Programs and cursor freeze after a few minutes

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Holidayguru

Holidayguru

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 26 December 2009 - 12:16 AM

Hello,

First, many thanks in advance for your time and suggestions. I'd like to say now that I don't understand much of computer terminologies and how it works. I will appreciate your kind consideration!

Well, my main problem is that I cannot work on anything with my laptop (Dell Latitude C510/C610, Window XP SP2) screen after a few minutes of logging on. What happens is that the cursor freezes (unable to click, although it moves) and the operating program(s) also freezes. I have to unplug and wait for the battery to run out to finally shut it down after a while.

I have having this problem clearly in the last few days, and today I could not really do anything with the laptop now, including surfing on the Internet. I am writing this message from my roommate's computer. So, I'm afraid I could not download the few malware programs suggested and possibly post the logs in my message. However, I have the log from Hijack This, which I had downloaded sometime ago and performed the scan in the safe mode (I could post if requested). I also have used CCleaner, Spyware Terminator, AVG, to no avail. Spyware Terminator generates a log, but for some reason, I could not transport the information here. In the safe mode, I also tried "previously good configuration" and restoring the computer setting supposedly before the start of this problem, to no avail.

I am not sure what caused this problem. But, as I recall, a few days ago, spyware terminator which pops up at the right bottom corner of the screen and notifies me when some program tries to access my computer, began to do this constantly - like every second. Initially, I clicked on "deny" to deny the access. For some reason, it may have read like a program I had donwloaded a few years ago, but haven't used for a long time, but for some reason, I could not remove from the computer despite my several attempts (i.e., AdAware). Anyway, at some point, I believe I clicked on "allow" because I was also trying to download some program(s) onto my computer. Also, around the same time, I noticed that CCleaner was cleaning a lot of temp files that, I suppose, were generated in this process.

That's roughly what I can tell about the problem. Again, thank you for your time and advice, and please let me know if you have any questions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users