Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot access a website

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sammyb

Sammyb

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:37 PM

i cant access the site www.tibia.com, when i try to it tells me the page cannot be displayed.
i have scanned my computer with avast free edition and found nothing, i don't have any other problems accessing any other sites that i know of.

i use firefox but it also doesnt load on internet explorer.

I'm running SP3 XP professional. Have i forgotten anything?

Edited by Sammyb, 25 December 2009 - 10:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bluehaze

bluehaze

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:41 PM

you can try to ping the website.

go to RUN type CMD

type: ping www.tibia.com . if it returns a ping it means the website is up and running and you may have issues with your browser. if it doesnt ping then probably the site is down. **

**it could also mean they are blocking the ping cmd.

You could try typing it in google and clicking through there.

Edited by bluehaze, 25 December 2009 - 10:44 PM.

#3 Sammyb

Sammyb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:46 PM

It says the Request timed out and that 4 packets sent, received 0 and it was 100% loss. i forgot to mention that i have another computer in the same network that can access the site.

Sorry for the lack of information.

#4 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2009 - 04:17 AM

I just tried it and Firefox can't find a server at that address www.tibia.com, # Check the address for typing errors such as
ww.example.com instead of
www.example.com, oops my mistake I accidentally copied the comma in your post, when I retried the page loaded no problem

Edited by sleepwalker, 26 December 2009 - 04:50 AM.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,791 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 26 December 2009 - 06:48 PM

See if somehow that URL was added to your HOSTS File. If you are unfamiliar with HOSTS files, see the following references: The Hosts File and what it can do for you and What is Domain Name Resolution and last but not least Blocking Unwanted Parasites with a Hosts File and the associated help sections there.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 peterk202

peterk202

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:19 AM

i have THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM I CAN ACCESS any site i want but www.tibia.com on this computer
but on any other computer i can access tibia.com
WTF help pls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users