Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Major Sleeper Virus Infection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dwilson005

dwilson005

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 25 December 2009 - 04:59 PM

Using WindowsXP:

Hey, I'm new to the forum. I've got infected by a serious virus that has completely wiped out my internet, sound, and many windows services (search and system restore disabled, can't even click and drag files). In network connections, window is completely empty. Under Audio Devices my sound card is not recognized. (No audio device). Computer however has little slowdown, and under the processes tab nothing looks amiss.

I'm using a seperate computer to access the internet that I will soon have no access to. I've downloaded Combofix, Malwarebytes, and a Kaspersky virus scanner to take with me to try and scan. Hopefully, all my drivers and services haven't been completely compromised.

I'm usually very good at catching viruses early, but it seems like this one was planted and set to release on christmas day. -- undoubtedly the worst infection I've ever had.

Thank you for taking the time to address my problem

Edited by dwilson005, 25 December 2009 - 05:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dwilson005

dwilson005
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 25 December 2009 - 05:31 PM

Also recently bought Windows 7. Already made a clean partition to clean install it to. Will hopefully be able to get online and make any needed changes to XP through the new installation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users