Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

H8SRT rootkit

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tirebiter81

tirebiter81

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 25 December 2009 - 04:45 PM

I hit a bug the other night and it disabled my Norton AntiVirus 2009. The desktop icon was still there, I could still go online or access my own files, but the Norton program would not open. After a few minutes, a directive from Norton would eventually pop up and instruct me to uninstall and reinstall the program. Since I could not locate my product key, I went ahead and purchased Norton AntiVirus 2010. This product will not open either. The message that popped up after installation reads: "The application or DLL globalroot\systemroot\system32\H8SRTKKwdgduxjt.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette." Like before, the Norton desktop icon is there, but I am eventually directed to Norton support after the program fails to open. Its pretty evident that somethings in my computer that shoudn't be there, but I don't know what. Can help me with this? I'm woefully inexperienced with this stuff, so please give me the Sesame Street version of your diagnosis. Thanks a lot and Happy Holidays!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Insomnix

Insomnix

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:42 AM

H8SRT Virus.
I got this on my network a few days ago. This one is a NIGHTMARE! It will not allow any Antivirus/Malware to run.

After days of pulling my hair out, I found this!

below is a direct link to the sites where the files come from.

Kapersky H8SRT Rootkit Removal
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

This site has a file called "tdskiller.zip" that has a module that will kill the process for good.
go ahead and check the site and let me know if that helps. It saved almost 150+ PCs on my network.

Edited by Insomnix, 28 December 2009 - 11:48 AM.

#3 Rayban

Rayban

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:39 AM

Thank you so much for the post Insomnix,

I had some problems removing the H8SRT trojan from my computer and your post helped me to remove it quite nicely.

I wish you all a pleasant and clean 2010!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/282562/laptop-freezes-after-removal-of-malware-like-antivirus-2009/

Edited by Rayban, 30 December 2009 - 02:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users