Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SIXA DIALER

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 StEvE21

StEvE21

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:32 AM

Beside my normal internet connection there is a dialer called SIXA. i cant get rid of it!
i tried system restore to an earlier time but it keeps coming back.
i read a lot of people had this problem and they all used HiJackThis to fix it, but i dont have jijackthis. do i need to get it? Id appreciate some help.
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2005 - 03:39 PM

Here is all the information you will need to get help from our team of volunteer experts in HJT logs, including where and how to get it:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How...s-Log-t956.html
Once you have posted it, please be somewhat patient since logs are taken in a first-posted, first-reviewed order and others may be ahead of you.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 StEvE21

StEvE21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:11 PM

Thanks for your help.
I downloaded HJT and followed all of the instructions, but I cant get HJT to open. When I double click it a message appears and disappears quickly. The message says "warning" and then describes that I should be careful when using HJT. after this message disappears nothing else happens.

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2005 - 09:00 PM

Dialers are considered to be trojans. Try running a-squared Free. That site has some good info on Dialers. See The Dialer-Problem in Detail. It is prudent to disconnect your phone line even when you turn your computer off if you use dialup until this problem is removed.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#5 StEvE21

StEvE21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:42 PM

I have just successfuly installed HJT and created a log.
I have tried a-squared before and it hasnt helped, and I no longer have that program. I still have spybot- search & destroy and adaware.
Should I post my HJT log here or in another forum/thread?

#6 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2005 - 09:43 AM

Go to this forum and start a new topic. Give a little information about the problem. Once you have posted please wait for a reply. Your log will be answered in turn and adding a reply moves you to the back of the line again. It may take as long as 48 hours to receive a reply but then you will be helped quickly.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#7 StEvE21

StEvE21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2005 - 10:43 AM

Thanks igweed and leurgy.

#8 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2005 - 09:11 PM

That was quite the log you posted StEvE21. I followed your adventures over there. Glad to see you got everything all cleaned up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users