Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Moved Thunderbird mail account to new pc, cannot open inbox

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 greystoke

greystoke

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 25 December 2009 - 09:32 AM

Using MovBackup I moved my Firefox and Thunderbird accounts from a windows xp pc to a new pc with windows 7. Firefox opened with my old profile and all my bookmarks, looks just like the setup I had on the old computer. Thunderbird opened with my profile, email address, address book BUT the inbox is empty even though the profile file for inbox is huge. I had some problems with the program asking me for passwords over and over again, but I verfified that my passwords were correct. How do I get Thunderbird to download my old emails into the inbox?
I read a topic in this forum about thunderbird and windows 7 and the answer referred the person to thunderbird tutorials. You should know they do not cover this problem. They do not mention transferring from one computer to another.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aus Smithy

Aus Smithy

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 01 January 2010 - 10:43 PM

This site may help:
http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-softwa...rd-firefox.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users