Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with Internet Security 2010

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dillonhoang

dillonhoang

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 25 December 2009 - 04:26 AM

Hi, so i got the Internet Security 2010 bug and I followed the tutorial here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...t-security-2010 I'm in safe mode now and finally got to step 12, I've updated and click run a full scan but everytime I scan after about 2 seconds it detects 15 harmful agents and pops up with a message saying "Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range" after I click okay on that message Malwarebyts anti-malware shuts down. can anyone help me? This Internet Security 2010 is a nightmare I've been trying to get rid of it for about 6 hours straight now.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2009 - 02:06 PM

Please download SmitfraudFix

Double-click SmitfraudFix.exe
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.
http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc...processutil.htm

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 dillonhoang

dillonhoang
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2009 - 09:36 PM

I can't run SmitfraudFix everytime I try I get WARNING "Application cannot be executed. This file is infected. Please activate your antivirus software." I believe it's due to internet security 2010. Any suggestions? Also does anyone know how to fix the "Run-time Error '9' : Subscript out of range" message I mentioned earlier?

#4 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2009 - 11:43 AM

Will Rkill complete successfully?

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#5 dillonhoang

dillonhoang
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2009 - 06:00 PM

No, everytime I try to run Rkill a warning pops up and shuts it down. I also tried leaving the warning there while running Rkill again, but then my desktop goes blank and when my desktop comes back Rkill is closed.

Edited by dillonhoang, 26 December 2009 - 06:00 PM.

#6 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2009 - 08:13 PM

You have a pretty bad infection. Let me get some help.

#7 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2009 - 10:19 PM

From the author... Please run RKill - all four options - twice until it completes successfully. Then retry Malwarebytes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users