Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell flat-panel monitor keeps turning off by itself --- please help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 s0nginmyheart

s0nginmyheart

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 25 December 2009 - 01:20 AM

Hi all,

Recently, my Dell flat-panel monitor has been turning off on its own (green power light does not light on). I'll push the power button back on and the screen will come back on for a split second and then turn right back off. On some tries, it doesn't even come back on.

I tried plugging the monitor power cord into another outlet and I am still having the same issues. I do not have an extra monitor to test to see if the problems occurs with another monitor.

I don't know if the monitor is overheating, if that's even possible? Or if it just old and needs replacing. The monitor is probably ~5 years old. Right now, I've left the computer shut off for a few hours, and I haven't had this problem recur tonight, yet.

I don't see a model # on the screen but if anyone needs additional information I can gladly try to provide.

Thanks in advance~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 26 December 2009 - 07:31 PM

The model numbers are hard to identify there on the back on the Black label behind the stand on mine its on the right and side near the top corner. Mine are both T900FP 19 in Flat panel monitors. Check yours out and post back.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users