Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Having trouble loading websites

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 twins1729

twins1729

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 24 December 2009 - 08:45 PM

Basically forums and my yahoo mail open pretty fast. And my Internet is fast in general (so I know the wireless router is working...)

YouTube's fast enough and sometimes the video plays, other times it just sits there. It's not buffering, it just sits with a black screen.

I'm big on Wetpaint, and those sites are awful for me. My own website won't load. The home will load about half way, but sometimes my links will work. Sometimes I have to open in a new tab, or click on it several times before it works.

And that's the same with google. I have to click the search button a few times before it'll actually go.

I had some virus trouble recenently, and while I think it's at least 90% cleared up, I swear my Internet was acting up before my computer was infected.

And at one point, I swear I got my Internet working at full speed again, but then I got bad again.

Anything?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 moserw

moserw

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 24 December 2009 - 09:12 PM

What browser are you using? Have you tried other browsers like Opera, Firefox or Google Chrome. In terms of security Google Chrome is the best and also the fastest.

Please try and revert back.

#3 twins1729

twins1729
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2009 - 09:25 PM

Oh yeah, duh.

I have Internet Explorer, but my Firefox is slow on the same sites, too.

ETA: Thought I'd add that I think I get that search engine redirect thing and I'm also getting those weird pop ups. So I think there's a bit of a virus lingering, but I can't find it for the life of me.

Edited by twins1729, 25 December 2009 - 03:55 AM.

#4 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2009 - 07:54 AM

I would go to I'M I Infected on this site. You say you had a virus and got rid of most of it; not good enough.

#5 twins1729

twins1729
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:09 AM

I would go to I'M I Infected on this site. You say you had a virus and got rid of most of it; not good enough.

:thumbsup:

If this thread needs to be someplace else, I'm not sure but I think that threads can be moved...

Edited by twins1729, 25 December 2009 - 03:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users