Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Task Manager, Malwarebytes, QuickCam and McAfee disabled. VIRUS?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jjjadeee

Jjjadeee

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 24 December 2009 - 07:20 PM

I was on my computer when suddenly a "Anti Virus" program popped up saying my computer was infected. It was running some type of scan and was using the name Microsoft. It didn't look real, so I closed it. Then I tried to run my McAfee and a popup came up saying that it couldn't run, along with my Malwarebytes. I had recently gotten and Ipod and I was downloading (illegally :[) music from Jamglue. Then more popups came up saying my system was infected expect these were red as opposed to the original white "Anti Virus" one. The "Anti Virus" one had a little shield in the right hand corner of my screen on the toolbar. I then did a system restore after my computer wouldn't let me access the Task Manager. Upon doing a System Restore, I tried to upload my webcam it it said

"E:\Redist\MSI31\ProdEnum.exe" and "E:\\Setup\Setup.exe"

I then did a combofix and have redownloaded Malwarebytes and installed McAfee. I ran scans with both, and both said nothing.

I think I have been infected with "Vundo" or something before this.

Help is much appreciated. Thank You!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users