Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Power

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 msest

msest

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 24 December 2009 - 05:31 PM

Yes I have a ACER 5670 laptop and I was on it and all of a sudden it shut off. I looked down at the charger and the light was blinking real fast but when I unplugged it from my laptop the light stayed steady (like it always has). I bought a new charger, cord and all still got the same problem. There are no lights on the laptop power, hard drive, etc. Any suggestions would be great.

Thank you
msest

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bluehaze

bluehaze

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2009 - 05:40 PM

have you tried using just your battery?

have you tried just using the power cord without battery?

#3 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 24 December 2009 - 06:09 PM

I read this someplace about Acer and it is also a Gateway M Series "solution":

Perform a static discharge.

Unplug the machine, take out the battery, hold down the power button for 30-40 seconds then try powering up again as usual.

A few steps would appear to be missing, like put the battery back in...

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

#4 msest

msest
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2009 - 09:06 PM

yes I've tried just the batterie, nothing. yes I've tried no battery and just the charger, nothing. I haven't tried a static discharge. I'll try that and let you know. Thanks for the help.

msest

#5 msest

msest
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2009 - 09:16 PM

I tried the static discharge test, nothing. Charger still rapidly blinks when charger is pluged in, unplug it light stay's on steady.

#6 bluehaze

bluehaze

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2009 - 12:04 AM

its not going to help but since you tried the battery and nothing.. it can only mean that your motherboard is dead.

battery with no charger = nothing - could mean battery or motherboard issue.
no battery and only charger = nothing - means possible charger issue..but also motherboard but definitly battery is no longer the issue.

since you bought a new charger from your original post.. then it would seem that the only culprit left is the motherboard.

#7 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 25 December 2009 - 06:30 AM

Static discharge didn't work? I would have done a back flip if it did.

At least you can say you tried it.

I will never trust what I read on the Internet again.

Sorry... :thumbsup:

In your OP you said the light was blinking real fast and was then steady.... I have never seen your HW, so which light was blinking real fast and what does it do with your new charger?

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users