Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Redirect Virus Hijack Log

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#16 JacksonF

JacksonF
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:17 PM

Also, Sam, Is it bad to have many antiviruses and antimalware programs running on my computer? Or should I just go ahead and download all of the programs?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 17,382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 02 January 2010 - 03:48 PM

Sam, after my last post, I manually deleted all the programs we have used, including OTL, so I was not able to perform CleanUp!. Is that a problem?

Not at all. Cleanup simplifies the process and cleans up everything, but if you got it all manually that's fine too.

Also, Sam, Is it bad to have many antiviruses and antimalware programs running on my computer? Or should I just go ahead and download all of the programs?

Well you should never have more than one antivirus program. In your case you should reinstall AVG or try Avast, which I find to be better than AVG right now. Then I recommend that you have at least two antimalware programs, Malwarebytes and Spybot are ideal. As long as you don't use both of them for real time protection it shouldn't cause a conflict for you. Just update them regularly and run a manual scan. Spywareblaster is a different type of program altogether and doesn't need to run in the background at all to be effective.
Posted Image If I have helped you in any way, please consider a donation to help me continue the fight against malware.

Failing to respond back to the person that is giving up their own time to help you not only is insensitive and disrespectful, but it guarantees that you will never receive help from me again. Please thank your helpers and there will always be help here when you need it!

========================================================

#18 Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 17,382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:46 AM

Now that your malware problem appears to be resolved, this topic will be closed.
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a member of the HJT Team and we will reopen it for you.
Include the address of this topic in your request.
Posted Image If I have helped you in any way, please consider a donation to help me continue the fight against malware.

Failing to respond back to the person that is giving up their own time to help you not only is insensitive and disrespectful, but it guarantees that you will never receive help from me again. Please thank your helpers and there will always be help here when you need it!

========================================================

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users