Welcome to BC HijackThis forum. I am farbar. I am going to assist you with your problem.
Please refrain from making any changes to your system
(scanning or running other tools, updating Windows, installing applications, removing files, etc.) from now on as it might interfere with our fixes. Please let me know in your next reply if you agree with this.
Please don't use any external storage device for now.
- Please download OTL by OldTimer.
- Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the OTL icon on your desktop.
- Check the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
- Check the "Standard Output".
- Click Run Scan button.
- Two reports will open, copy and paste them to your reply:
- OTL.txt <-- Will be opened
- Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized
[*]Download the GMER Rootkit Scanner
exe file from here
and save it to your desktop.
- Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security program drivers will not conflict with gmer's driver.
- Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled.
- Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
- Double click GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent .
- If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO.
- In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Make sure the following are unchecked:
- Drives/Partition other than C:\ drive (C:\ drive should remain checked)
- Show All (this one also should be unchecked)
- Then click the Scan button & wait for it to begin. (Please be patient as it can take some time to complete).
- When the scan is finished, you will see the scan button appears again. Click Save to save the scan results to your Desktop.
- Save the file as gmer.log and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.