Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 / Hard Drive Help?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rob1983

Rob1983

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 24 December 2009 - 12:20 PM

Ill start from the beginning - i installed windows 7 on my laptop a few weeks back and the install went perfect and it has all been running perfectly. I have a hard drive that was partitioned when i first got the laptop - so there was 110gig on one partition and 10 gig on the other. i turned the laptop on this morning and windows fails to load and i get the blue screen for a split second then the laptop restarts. If i put the windows disk in now to do a clean install the 110 gig partition is not there but the 10 gig is. If i try to install on the smaller partition i get the following message : windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources are accessable, and restart the installation. Error code : 0xC0000005.

Thanks

Please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 24 December 2009 - 02:54 PM

Are you sure that 10 gig partition doesn't have the recovery OS on it?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:02 PM

Have you tried the "Repair your computer" option when booting from the disk?

The 110GB partition is still there, but something might be corrupted. An automatic startup repair might fix it. If not, try System Restore. And if all else fails, you might have to just reinstall (not sure why the install disk can't see the bigger partition, though).

After you get it back up and running, I would recommend doing a Windows Backup with a full system image. It makes restoring to an earlier time so much easier. The system image has saved my butt more than once!! Go get yourself an external hard drive (as big as you can afford) during the after Christmas sales. They should be cheaper then.

Good luck and Merry Christmas!!
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users