Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fast Brower Search (My Face LOL)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 24 December 2009 - 08:15 AM

Windows XP SP3

Have run avast home edition boot time scan with no result, spybot search n destroy no results, malware bytes with no result, and super-anti-spyware no result. **all programs were most recently updated before scan**

i cant remove it from list in add/remove programs. there was a total of 3 listings in add/remove programs for "Fast Brower Search (My Face LOL)" and it let me "make" 2 disapear but i dont really know if there gone.

checked msconfig its not listed in startup or services tabs, nor is it on the list of running processes in task mgr...

plz help
==]--s1lents0ul-->

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2009 - 10:05 AM

Hi, lets first try this to remove it.

Note: The below instructions include removing entries from the registry via automated tools. Be sure to backup your registry before you run the program just in case.

Please download Revo Uninstaller. Once downloaded, doubleclick the .exe file to install it.
  • Once installed, open Revo and wait for the uninstall list to refresh.
  • Find the suspect files you wish to remove (Fast Browser Search)
  • If they are not in the list, please tell me
  • If they ARE in the list, click it and then select "uninstall" (option is on the top bar between "view" and "refresh")
  • Select "advanced" from the uninstallation methods.
  • Click "next" and let the program run
  • After the application uninstaller runs, Revo will scan your drives/registry for files relating to the uninstalled program
  • Make sure you select all of the files/registry entries and click "delete" or "remove"

#3 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2009 - 06:57 PM

the file in question isnt listed in revo, but is listed in my add/remove programs.

next course of action?
==]--s1lents0ul-->

#4 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2009 - 07:26 PM

Try going to Start -> My computer -> "the name of your hard drive" (usually C:\\) -> program files.
Look for Fast Browser Search in the list of folders.

You can also go to start -> search
and then type in Fast Browser Search and see what files it finds

#5 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2009 - 09:42 PM

Ok so i had a lapse there with my last post. i was on a diff comp of mine when i installed revo and looked for this file. im on the infected computer now, revo found the file and i was able to uninstall it. thanks for your help and sorry for the mix up.
==]--s1lents0ul-->

#6 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2009 - 09:48 PM

So does all seem well now?

#7 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2009 - 11:35 PM

yes all seems well. like i said at first, all other scans from virus scanner to malware/adware/spyware came up with nothing, so im not sure what it was exactly just that it woudnt let me un-install it and it shouldnt be there but revo got rid of it.
==]--s1lents0ul-->

#8 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2009 - 12:45 PM

Alright, well happy to help :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users