Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Christmas Countdown.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:40 AM

:trumpet:

We have under 6 hours to go, Downunder. including Kiwis.

It could be interesting if all join in and add to the countdown from their own Countries, just to show the massively different Time Zones that Bleeping Computer Members live in.

I look forward to wishing everyone Merry Christmas when it hits here.

:thumbsup: :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rawe

Rawe

• Members
  • 2,363 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2009 - 05:52 AM

Already hit, Christmas Eve is the most important day of xmas here in Finland. Great food in a bit and then some gifts! :thumbsup:

Happy holidays everyone!
Hi there, stranger!

#3 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 24 December 2009 - 09:28 AM

:thumbsup:

I went to sleep, it is now 12.27 in Brisbane.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

#4 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 24 December 2009 - 10:07 AM

Merry Christmas to you Abacus7 and everybody.

This is not quite how we Aussies Celebrate Christmas. :thumbsup:

Jingle Bells the Aussie Way.

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2009 - 12:35 PM

Posted Image
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 24 December 2009 - 12:53 PM

Eleven hours to go here in New Jersey, on the east coast of the US -- where, thanks to an unusually ambitious snow storm last Sunday, we'll be having our first "white Christmas" in a long time. At least until the predicted rains wash it away.

In a few hours I'll be trucking the wife and kids up the highway to get together with my brothers, sisters, and parents.

Happy holidays to all!

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 24 December 2009 - 01:06 PM

The Christmas countdown started 4 days before Halloween in Costco this year. Next year I expect it to start around Easter. :thumbsup:

Happy, Safe Holidays Everyone.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#8 woodyblade

woodyblade

• Members
  • 670 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2009 - 04:56 PM

The Christmas countdown started 4 days before Halloween in Costco this year. Next year I expect it to start around Easter. :flowers:

:thumbsup: thats nothing the Christmas adverts started here between late September to early October at least for a company called Glade, they showed an advert of a normal product they sell then just after that a "why not go all christmassy with...." (and what ever smell it was)

Other companies didn't take long after that Glade advert to start putting there own out, by mid October I'm sure there was about 4-5 Christmas adverts, Shops started rearranging around Halloween here as well to move Christmas stuff in.

Just 2 hours 4 minutes and 50 seconds till Christmas day here, got to be exact :trumpet:.

Edited by woodyblade, 24 December 2009 - 04:57 PM.

#9 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,719 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 24 December 2009 - 07:45 PM

It is 7:40 PM here in the tiny State of Rhode Island. I have some new music that I downloaded to my music file (Dave Brubeck's "Time Out" and some vintage Stan Getz) and a bottle of "Pusser's Rum"; the same rum that was issued to the Royal Navy for the past 300 years.

Merry Christmas!!!!

Edited by Bezukhov, 24 December 2009 - 07:45 PM.

To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#10 Fred Flintstone

Fred Flintstone

Stoneage Hippy

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 24 December 2009 - 08:26 PM

01:25 hrs in UK, Merry Christmas to everyone... :thumbsup:
Member of Posted Image Posted Image

#11 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2009 - 11:58 PM

Just got back from the Christmas Eve family get together. The kids only just got to bed. Christmas is about 2 minutes away.

The kids will be up in 5 hours or so, a few boxes will be demolished, then off to my sisters for more extended family time!

I didn't have to host or cook for any of the holidays this year! :thumbsup:

#12 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 25 December 2009 - 04:13 AM

hey let me be the first to say merry christmas, because where im at (wyoming, US) its been Christmas for 2 hours now. :D

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#13 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2009 - 09:39 AM

Merry Christmas Everyone :thumbsup:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users